Wednesday, September 12, 2007

After coffee

Big deal, I'm jacked up on coffee. There have always been popular drugs, and caffeine seems to at least support productivity. And I am jacked up on my favorite coffee brand as well ( in my case, local fave JJ Bean). And, as a green aspirant, when the Prius drives by, maybe I want in on that action too. It may be pseudo belonging, but it is better than no belonging at all.

Notions of forests, notions of global warming are preceded by my personal quest for cool.

It's disheartening when marketing exploits 'green' by taking the quest for cool and supports the idea that the green aspirant can have both luxury and ethical consumption. More than disheartening, this Marketing speak probably undermines both environmentalism and the integrity and long term viability of the "eco" brand.

No comments: